Gravity Forms vs. WPForms: Which is better for you? The answer will depend on what you want on your website.
These two WordPress plugins are remarkable when it comes to ease of use. They offer robust user experiences for creating multi-page forms compared to other options. And they are more popular among users.
Also, they come with more enhanced features and functionalities, allowing you to create highly interactive forms with little effort.
So, this article will explore the main differences between Gravity Forms and WPForms plugins. That way, you can choose the best WordPress plugin based on your preference.
Contents: Gravity Forms vs. WPForms
- Gravity Forms overview
- WPForms overview
- Gravity Forms vs. WPForms: Which is better?
Gravity Forms overview
If you want to create complicated forms on a WordPress site, use Gravity Forms. This WordPress plugin stands apart from its competition thanks to its extensive feature set and functionality.
Let’s look at some of the basic and advanced features that Gravity Forms offers:
- Create advanced contact forms with conditional logic. One of the most revolutionary aspects of Gravity Forms is conditional logic. You can use conditional logic to display or hide form fields based on the information the user submitted in the previous field. Also, you can define basic or complex criteria of form fields with conditional logic, which is quite robust.
- Add-ons to integrate and extend gravity forms. There are numerous plugins for WordPress that serve as frameworks. Also, most popular WordPress plugins and non-WordPress applications can be readily integrated with Gravity Forms. Plus, many popular email service providers, including GetResponse and MailChimp, can be integrated with Gravity Forms using basic add-ons. With add-on plugins, Gravity Forms can also be expanded to include a wide range of new capabilities, like quizzes and geolocation form entries. In addition, Gravity Forms add-ons are available to create tests, surveys, and polls.
- Simple management entry. All form submissions are saved as entries in Gravity Forms. You can view, modify, flag as spam, or redirect entries to the trash. Entry management is especially helpful if you find WordPress’s built-in, PHP-based email notifications unreliable. While using full or partial entries, you can check all the contributions from a single location in your WordPress dashboard.
- Email notifications. Gravity Forms’ email notifications are quite flexible. You can set up numerous email notifications for form submissions with conditional logic. Then, according to the information the user submitted in the form, you can send alerts to specific recipients. For example, imagine you run a business and people can select several options in the Contact Us form, such as general inquiries and services. Then, rather than blasting email notifications across your entire company, they’ll go directly to the relevant department. The alerts from Gravity Forms’ conditional logic can be used to accomplish this.
Gravity Form’s pricing plans. You can build advanced forms with Gravity Forms for your data capture needs. You can also create surveys and quizzes, accept online payments, and grow your email list. But that will depend on the license you choose.
For Gravity Forms, there are three different licenses available.
- Basic license. All fields and basic add-ons, including Aweber, Active Campaign, Clever Reach, Campaign Monitor, MailChimp, and Get Response, are included with a basic license. But it’s valid for only one WordPress site. It costs $59 a year.
- Pro license. The premium version is licensed for three websites. It includes every feature of the basic license. The pro license also includes pro add-ons such as Trello, Slack, and Dropbox. It costs $159 a year.
- Elite license. With the elite license, you can access all the advanced Gravity Forms add-ons and the pro license features. Priority support is also included. If you get this license, you can use it on unlimited websites. It costs $259 a year.
WPForms Pro offers a user-friendly and effective form builder plugin with beginner-friendly features. It has many advanced form tools for everyone, not just web designers and developers.
But WPForms Pro’s features are particularly beneficial for a small business website. Below are some of the key features that WPForms Pro offers.
- Simple drag and drop form builder. One crucial aspect that sets WPForms apart is the simplicity of its simple drag-and-drop visual builder. This makes creating custom website forms straightforward for users of all levels. With this contact form plugin, you can create stunning contact forms since you have control over what each field of your form can accomplish.
- More than 100 form templates. You can create many different forms with this user-friendly WordPress plugin, depending on the type of form your company needs. With 100+ pre-built templates, you never have to begin from scratch again. Also, WPForms Pro offers many front-end templates from signup to purchase forms. These templates can be used in almost any business or niche.
- Email marketing. Your email marketing provider has to be able to communicate with WordPress forms easily. This allows you to expand your email list and send leads from your website to your lists. Many email marketing integrations are available with WPForms, including Mailchimp, GetResponse, Drip, and ActiveCampaign.
The Zapier plugin is a further integration that WPForms offers. It allows you to integrate your forms with over 2,000 web applications, including additional email marketing services.
WPForms pricing plans. WPForms’ pricing is relatively straightforward. You don’t need to choose between purchasing add-ons separately or as part of a package. And you don’t lose your forms if you upgrade from the free version.
WPForms Lite (Free Version). WPForms Lite is completely free. You can build different WordPress forms using a drag-and-drop interface. Here’s what you can do with the free version:
- Secure contact forms from spam
- Receive responses by email
- Make forms without using any code
Basic license. Nonprofit organizations and small businesses with one website can access helpful features with the basic WPForms license.
You can use WPForms’ basic version for the following:
- Multiple-step forms
- Elegant fields
- Conditional logic
- Uploading files
- Dropdown menus
You can upgrade to the basic license if you have just one site and want to make your forms more interactive. The cost is $79 per year.
Plus license. You get the following email marketing integrations with the plus license:
- Campaign Monitor
The plus license includes basic license features and can be used on three different websites. It costs $199.
Pro license. Most of the plugin’s functionalities are accessible with this license. You’ll get all the features from the basic and the plus licenses and:
- Square, PayPal, and Stripe payment forms
- Over 400 form templates
- Form landing pages
- Rich text fields
- Digital signature
You can use WPForms pro to get priority support as well. Also, you can use the pro license for five websites. Business owners interested in creating forms for various enterprises with a money-back guarantee may prefer WPForms pro.
The cost is $399 per year.
Elite license. The WPForms elite license is designed for developers and agencies. It comes with all the features of the previous versions, plus:
- Webhooks add-on
- Active Campaign
- HubSpot integrations
- Authorize.net payment forms
The elite license allows for unlimited sites. The cost is $599 per year.
WPForms vs. Gravity Forms: Which is better?
The best form builder plugin is a matter of personal preference and how comfortable you are with the software. Here’s a breakdown of their different features.
|Drag and drop builder||✔️||✔️|
|Pre-built form templates||✔️||❌|
|Conversational forms (Typeform clone)||✔️||❌|
|Survey & polls||✔️||✔️|
|PayPal payment standard||✔️||✔️|
Gravity Forms and WPForms are both excellent WordPress form builder plugin options with many similarities. However, when it comes to ease of use, efficiency, and affordability, WPForms comes out on top.
In other words, WPForms are more suitable for beginners looking to create simple forms like a basic contact form with the free version.
On the other hand, Gravity Forms is a more complicated form builder tailored to businesses looking to generate leads with advanced captcha, email notifications, and conversation forms. It offers premium functionalities at a price, and you’ll need some familiarity to get the most out of this form builder on your website.
Use your WordPress skills on Ndiwano.com
If you want to use theNdiwano.com platform to apply for a job as a WordPress expert, keep these things in mind:
- Check first to see if your qualifications line up with the job description. If not, you might want to change the type of work you’re looking for.
- Next, ensure your portfolio accurately reflects your best work and is current. Selecting “Edit Profile” from the sidebar allows you to update it whenever you like.
- After that, ensure your application is as strong as possible. See this article for information on how to create an effectiveNdiwano.com application.
- Click “Send Application” when you’re finished.
Now, you can find the best WordPress jobs on Ndiwano.com.